Pulverized Fuel Fired Boiler (PF)
Capacities: Up to 500 TPH
One boiler of 320 TPH has been commissioned successfully and operating continuously since Feb-2013.
Design pressure & temperature: Upto 150 kg/cm2 (g) & 545ºC
Fuels: Bituminous Coals of Indian & Imported origin.
Technological collaboration with Doosan Power Systems (Formerly Babcock Power – UK) for boilers upto 300 TPH and case to case basis approval for boilers over 300 TPH. The collaboration covers critical auxiliaries like Burners, Pulverisers etc. There are more than 55 nos PF boilers operating in India which were designed as per Doosan Power System design and supplied either directly from the UK or produced by their former licensee Ms ACC Babcock Limited. The worldwide list of boilers for PF boilers over 60 MW exceeds 470 numbers. As the boilers are installed in various countries, the company has rich and unparallel experience in handling different type of coals in combustion.
- Front or opposed wall firing for catering different fuels & boiler size.
- Downshot firing for very low VM coals
- Reheat control by either Gas recirculation or by divided gas pass boiler.
- Superheater & reheater of all boilers, specially treated for boiler & furnace upset conditions.
- Standard or Low NOx burners.
- Flexibility to choose either Doosan E-mills or any other pulveriser as per customer choice.
- Extremely conservative design for pressure parts & non pressure parts.
- Conservative design of Hot structures to cater for accidental heavy structural loads due to ash accumulation etc.
- For abrasive coals, special design considerations and provision of erosion protection shields, baffles and flow streamliners.
Built to Last
The boilers commissioned in late 60’s and early 70’s are still in operation. This is a testimony to the robust construction & design features employed in the boilers. The boilers designed & supplied today, have the same hallmark in reliability & longevity.